Monday, October 20, 2008

Problems with Memory Card

Alright so it seems that I might have something wrong with one of my cameras memory cards. When the card is in the camera everything works fine: I can take pictures and see all of the pictures that I've taken to date. However, when I try to plug the memory card into a computer there is a problem with it. I can't open the DCIM folder to access any of the pictures. When I check the properties of the DCIM folder it says it's an application with a .exe instead of a file folder.

So I'm not sure what to do to try and fix the problem as I don't want to lose the photos on it. If anyone has any ideas of how to fix the problem please let me know because until I can fix it then I can't upload any pictures to my blog for the rest of Vietnam (Sapa and Halong Bay).

Until then I'll use my other memory card and continue trying to fix the problem on my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Devin,
I checked at the Camera Store and they suggested:
1. Remove .exe from naming convention.

2. Have pictures recovered from card to a disc and have the card formatted.

My suggestion also would be rather than downloading from the card to a computer, try downloading from the card to the camera to the computer.

Dad